Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Today is a day of ... ending

I told Ross today that as of next week I am finished at the Seniors' Centre. I will no longer be writing the column for the Westside Weekly which I sincerely will miss doing. I will not be calling around to book Entertainment for our weekly meetings, I will no longer be putting the Bulletin together. Nor will I be booking the Hall. I will be finished. Wow, just saying it makes me feel free.

I have been doing all of these things for years now and no one wants to take on any of the jobs. Now they will have to. I am not been mean, I am just tired and need to take care of me and not have commitments hanging over me all the time. I've done my share so now it is time for others to shoulder the load.

Not much else to say for today. Last night though Rob and I tried out the new-to-me electric barbeque. It worked! I looked up that make and model online and it retails for $999 but I could get it for $699 due to a sale. I bought mine - slightly used for $50. That ain't too bad a deal now is it? It intimidates me though as it is programmable like a fancy microwave. I think I'll stick to 'manual' thanks all the same. Thankfully that is very easy to do too.

So now my supper is cooking - rice in the rice maker and pork steak in mushroom sauce heating in the microwave. I shall enjoy that and watch some TV this evening. 'Lost' is on and that is one of my favourite shows so colour me happy.

No comments: