Monday, April 5, 2010

Things are happening .... today

Emi was here today so with her help and Rob's a lot was done. Emi is a friend of my friend Terri Budworth. Terri used to teach English as a second language in Japan years ago and became friends with Emi who is Japanese. Emi visited Canada and stayed with Terri's parents. She loves it here and is now here working and hoping to be able to immigrate. She works at a hotel on the water (the Eldorado) and fills in other hours with housekeeping.

Today we pretty much cleared the room that Rob will have and we set up the guest room, bringing my many auction treasures in from the garage. I have too many things and not quite enough room. Oh well. It does look nice to me though and that is what counts.

My guest room is downstairs in my basement which is a high basement so there are windows and it is not at all like a dungeon. I have new carpet and we are almost done with the painting. I got a picture of 'Cleopatra' at the auction and a few weeks later got a picture of a Pharoah to go with it so that is the focus of the room. If you come visit me you will see it all first hand.

Now it is just after 3 p.m. and I am going to have a short nap before getting supper ready. Rob and I are going to barbeque steaks and shrimp kebabs and see how the electric BBQ (auction find) works. It looks almost brand new but we haven't tried using it yet so ???

No comments: