Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Today was a day of ... pampering

My recent screening mammogram showed something so today I went for a diagnostic mammogram. Then the radiologist sent me for an ultrasound and after that I was told to contact my doctor in two days. I think we may be in for a spot of trouble but of course no one but my doctor can tell me so ... we play the waiting game.

After I got home Marcy and her mother Tanis came over with a belated birthday gift for me (actually a basket full of gifts) and then took me out for lunch. My gift included a large metal basket lined with a black and white 'Mickey Mouse' tea cloth. Inside were two martini glasses rimmed with 'Mickey Mouse ears'. Lovely. Plus a bottle of Bombay Gin. Then there were four other wee boxes containing pieces of jewelry. Two necklaces with matching earrings. Wow. They are beautiful and both are definitely 'ME'. They apparently weren't even shopping for me at that time - in fact were at our airport waiting to board the plane to take them to Vancouver and then on to Florida. They saw these items and looked at each other saying those are for 'Mary Lou'. So they bought them and sent them back home with Greg who had driven them to the airport.

We went for lunch at Kelsey's and I have to say we ate and ate and talked and talked and had a terrific time. I am very blessed with my friends. I was so pampered today. After lunch we went shopping at 'Furniture Heaven' a consignment store for gently used furniture. Tanis (and yes this Tannis is spelled with only one 'n') spent over $200, Marcy about $150 and when you added mine we were close to the $400 mark. I thankfully restrained myself and spent less than $50. I got a pair of elephant book ends and a small painting of a tiger. They will go in my guest room - maybe - if there is room.

We got home about 5:30pm and then it was a rush to get to the Auction before 6pm. Rob came with me. We met Marcy and her Dad there. I was only interested in one thing. A rattan table with a glass top. The glass top has a diameter of 42 inches so it is a good size. The rattan is ratty so no one seemed too interested and I got it for $20. I only want the round glass top. I have a base that I bought months ago at the auction for cheap but it needed a glass top. Now it will have one. YAY!

I just returned from getting a 'steeped tea' and a donut at Tim Horton's. Marcy brought my table home in her truck, put the glass in the garage and the rattan in the garbage area. Then she said she was going for tea and I said 'shotgun'. We took my car because I needed gas and Marcy pours it for me. I have trouble with my hands so I find it difficult to dispense my own gas. I can do it but I try to go to the full serve station in Westbank.

Now I am home for the night. So g'night my friends.

No comments: