Saturday, January 2, 2010

Today is ... a new start ... in a New Year

Welcome to 2010! WooHoo! I have not been on this website for almost 6 months. A lot has happened but I will bring you up to date over the next few blogs.

Mainly I have not been here because of my ancient computer, then changing to an iMac and then back to my aging PC. It often took a full 20 minutes to access the internet and five minutes to download an email. Now thanks to my wonderful nephew Pedro - I HAVE A BRAND NEW STATE OF THE ART DELL COMPUTER AND A 22" FLAT-SCREEN MONITOR! I am so blessed. It takes a second to get onto the internet and downloads emails like nothing. It is quiet - doesn't make wheezy chugging noises as it labour to fullfill my requests. YAY.

THANK YOU PEDRO.

I don't know where to begin to bring this BLOG up to date. When I left off, I was preparing to go to Esther's wedding. It was a big production but it was beautiful. I will attach pictures next time. I was in Edmonton for 10 days and then headed home. At the wedding reception I had received a phone call from my friend and neighbour 'Marcy' informing me that there were three fires on the Westside - all fairly close to us. She asked what I wanted rescued should we be evacuated. Just the cats I said - let the rest burn. I felt confident that the fire would not get to us and it did not. We were apparently close to being evacuated but then conditions changed. When I drove home the 'connector' (Hwy 97C) had been reopened so that is the route I took. I could see the red glow and occasionally a flare-up. Close to home it was smokey which made it hard to see and breathe but that cleared just before my turn-off and my house was an oasis thanks to my new furnace and wonderful thick filter to clean the air.

My neighbour 'angel' Rob continued working for the rest of the summer and fall on my yard. It is unrecognizable! I now have a proper waterfall and pool. Everything he did was to make the yard low maintenance. I am so very grateful to this wonderful man. He and I have become friends and go out now and then for a beer or a meal. He doesn't have a vehicle so I drive him into Westbank once a week and he occasionally comes with me to the auction.

Fall brought me back to Seniors' meetings and I still have all the jobs I was letting go of. Thanksgiving and then Halloween came and went. Suddenly it was December. The year did speed past. I spent Christmas in Edmonton with Esther and her new family. I had a wonderful time but all good things come to an end so I was home to celebrate the coming of the New Year.

Will close for now as I have a few things I want to do.

Winter arrived and we had some snow and it did get unseasonally cold for a few days.

2 comments:

LzyMom said...

Oh for the love of monkey poo. I wrote a beautiful comment and the internet ate it.

Welcome back, M'Lou! WE missed you. :)

LzyMom said...

Pedro says "Enjoy the pinkness".

I am not getting otherwise involved.