Monday, June 15, 2009

Today is a day of waiting and ... seeing

The head of the roofing company told me to have my car out of the driveway early in the morning as they would be arranging to have a bin dropped off. Well, I was up at 5am to move the car and at 10am a truck arrived with a load of shingles - these were placed on the roof to await the workmen. The men delivering the shingles said that the bin would arrive after they left but so far nothing and it is nearly 2pm. I am in no great hurry and don't imagine I even have to be here.

A young man with a Telus shirt arrived shortly after noon. I think I frightened him for some reason because he looked like he was ready to run. I checked the mirror but I looked the same as usual .... don't say it ... any of you. He asked where my TVs were and I showed him to my bedroom and the basement family room. He really looked uneasy when we were in my bedroom. I swear I did nothing nor did I make any suggestive remarks. He looked really quite young and a bit of a geek. He did warm up to me when he noticed I was at the computer and having a problem. He doesn't like Mac computers either. But he did say that he thought the problem I was having was with the webpage and not the computer.

Anyway, after checking everything, he told me that he had to disqualify me for the service I was wanting. Oops. Go ahead, laugh. But it seems that the TV signal coming in to my house is not strong enough and it would just give me problems. So I will remain with Shaw for my cable TV and internet. At least for the time being. I am very happy that this young man didn't just hook me up and leave it at that. I imagine that he is following Telus' policy and that makes me like them even more. Funnily I have never had problems with Telus and so many people say they don't like them. Hmmm.

Now I am waiting for Rick to finish around back and then I will drive him into Westbank. I need to go to the bank to get him some money and he wants to go to Extra Foods. Then when I come home I am going to rest - at least that is the plan. I am tired and have a headache.

No comments: