Sunday, June 21, 2009

Today is a day of frustration and ... pain


Well, it is raining ... or at least it was. Just overcast now but still quite warm out. I should go out and do some weeding or something but I lack initiative. I am in pain because of the rain but I am glad we had some because the grass was getting rather brown. I can't water over where my neighbour is digging because we are trying to kill off the quack grass and other weeds. Once he has the shrubs planted, the weed barrier cloth in place and the stones down it will be different. Our yards should look very nice ... clean. The two yards will blend together as the rock will be the same and go right across the property line.

My side garden is looking awesome. I need a few more plants and a few more pots and it should be gorgeous. It already has gravel down. I have a cement bench to sit on with a cement pot at each end. There is a small statue of Quan Yin with a small pot holding a red geranium beside her. My poppies were spectacular but are just about finished. I will cut them back somewhat and hope to get another bloom later. Rick decided to try to think and cut my butterfly bush down but he didn't quite manage to kill it. It should be okay and back to where it was in a couple of years. Damn that man. If he would just ask before doing. He ruined a couple of rose bushes too. But he is great at cutting the lawn and looking after the pond.

I am excited about going to Vancouver. I have my wedding clothing to show Esther and a few other odds and ends. I think I am all ready and thankfully this is not about me so I can just try to fade into the background although with the outfits I will be wearing I will stand out no matter what. Yipes. The lady who sewed my suit and sari blouse says she likes the colour of my suit very much. It is very bright. The sari is black but so heavily adorned that it too will draw attention. Or maybe not if everyone else is as decorated. I will post pictures after the wedding. No sneak peeks.

Well, I should get moving. I would like to go to Dogwood nursery to buy some shrubs etc. I also have lots to do here so if I can just summon up a little motivation..........

No comments: