Monday, June 22, 2009

Today I was busy all day and accomplished ... nothing!

It rained most of the night and early morning so I was in agony as is to be expected. I took pain pills when my alarm went and reset it for another hour to give them time to work. The phone rang just as the other hour was almost up. It was Marcy. Then I no more than finished talking with her and the phone rang again. And again. I went to have my morning wash and the doorbell rang. I was in the buff so ignored that but I think it was the roofers because a few minutes later I heard someone open the back garage door and then the front one. When I was dressed, they were there working so had to get in the garage to get their tools that they had left. Then the power went out because they tripped the breaker. So I went down to the basement to reset that. And so my morning went.

I went out with my neighbour Rob to buy some rocks for the front and side gardens. Expensive things. I liked the Rundle rock so we got several pieces of that - whatever Rob could lift. Of course Rundle rock is the most expensive. I asked where it was from and the guy said west of Calgary. I said "Mount Rundle?" He replied "Three Sisters actually." So cool - from near Canmore. We bought 10 bushes yesterday so today after getting the rock, I sat on the stone bench in the side garden while Rob played. I directed. LOL Rob is a delightful young man - full of energy and enthusiasm. He likes landscaping and I think he enjoys my company. The side garden is looking delightful and I know the front is going to look amazing as well.

It is now almost 9pm and I am just in from cutting the seed pods from the poppy bushes. I also did some weeding and more pruning of rose bushes etc. I am exhausted but I have still to begin my long "to do" list for today. I have another full list for tomorrow so I shall have to stay up tonight to finish the most important things on the list and of course they are all important. So I shall go now and get at it.

No comments: