Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Today is another day of ... wait and see ...


It is about 15 minutes before 8 a.m. I have been up and down since before 5 a.m. The shingles are piled on the roof along with tar paper and more. The bright yellow bin is waiting in the driveway but no workmen as yet. It is also threatening rain so I don't know if anything will get done today or not. Rob, however, is busy out front putting a few plants in place before he lays the fabric and we get the stone. I think it is going to look very nice melding the two front yards.

I am just eating my breakfast of oatmeal with yogurt. MMmmm. It is very nice. I eat the Activia French Vanilla. Esther started me on it and when my doctor interviews me once a year for a diabetes study he always asks if I eat yogurt and which one. He always looks up and says to stay on it as it is 'the best'. So good - I am doing something right.

I didn't get as much done yesterday as I would have liked so I will try again today. I also have to go to the bank though to renew my mortgage. I am just going to take it for another year as I still hope to sell next spring. Hopefully the market will be better by then.

I was interrupted by the arrival of the roofers and didn't get back to this until now which is almost midnight. The roof is about half done and looks good from what little I can see from the ground. I like the crew leader who says he has been in the roofing business for 25 years. He has two youngsters working with him one is 19, the other 23. Nice kids. We all had a beer together on the deck when they were finished for the day. Rob joined us and then after they left he and I sat and had another couple of beers and talked and talked. He is very opinionated but happily his opinions reflect my own. We talked about everything from Religion to archaeology to endangered animals to .... well you name it we probably touched on it.

Now I am on my way to bed as the guys will be back first thing in the morning.

1 comment:

LzyMom said...

I hope everything goes well today for you. :) It sounds like you had a nice day yesterday.